The existing problem
All on-site staff who work 10–12-hour shifts must be given an hour’s break for lunch, whilst the reception area must continue to be manned. The typical receptionist cover solution is a “roaming receptionist” who moves around three or four buildings every day to allow the on-site staff to take their break at an assigned time, which could be as early as 11am or as late as 3pm.
The roaming receptionist model is:
- annoying for early- or late-relief workers
- subject to outside factors such as public transport delays so assigned times can fluctuate
- costly for building operators at between £4,500 and £9,000 per annum for one hour’s cover each day
- a struggle for Front of House (FoH) agencies who supply staff and deal with very complex logistics as well as unhappy employees and clients.
It’s a mediocre solution that satisfies nobody.
The immediate solution
Lares Digital is able to provide immediate receptionist cover for the following scenarios:
- Lunch breaks
- Sick leave
- Longer term medical leave
- High traffic events causing an increase in visitors or calls e.g. a launch or media event
- Unplanned days off e.g. transport strikes
Our device is installed permanently on-site and goes live automatically at the assigned time, every day of the week, without fail.
This means reception staff can always take their lunch break at a reasonable and reliable hour so they can make the most of their down-time. A public transport strike or technical fault on the line, has no effect on the ability to deliver relief. This better-service, lower-cost solution is a win-win for the building operator. FoH agencies can also work with us if they wish to white-label the service.
Installation is as simple as a tablet securely displayed on a desk, which is included in the cost of our service. Receptionist Cover from Lares Digital is a video operator console that streamlines call handling from a single, integrated device.
A web-based, cloud-hosted application, this powerful tool offers a range of smart features that are designed to optimise efficiencies, reduce customer friction, and improve the overall visitor experience.
It is light touch with high reliability.